Mahavir Jayanti Celebrations
Jain Center of Greater Boston will have a two day program for Mahavir Jayanti celebrations through Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th April 2021.
Details for Saturday April 24th in the evening for online program (we will be sending the timings soon)
- Bakhti sangeet, stavans and bhajans.
- Bolis for 16 Auspicious Dreams of Mata Trishala
Mahavir Jayanti is a major fundraising occasion for our sangh. Mahavir Bhagvan's Janma Kalyanak mentions the 16 auspicious dreams of Mata Trishala before Mahavir's birth. Devotee can pledge (take a boli) for one or more of these 16 dreams and present them before the congregation. A gold mala and a flower mala is placed on each dream as it is brought out. Devotees can also sponsor the gold mala or the flower mala.
NOTE: Swapna and Aarti marked with Live Boli will taken during the program on 24th April from highest boli bid.
Once you decide which Swapna/item(s) you want to pledge for you can let
us know your bid amount for boli using either of following methods:
1 - Fill Online form for boli amount before Friday, April 23, 2021
Swapna Boli Forms (Please click here to take the bolis)
2 -You can also pledge and track your bolis at our JCGB webiste.
Program details for Sunday 25th April 2021 at 9.30 am
- We will have stavans, sangeet and bhajans at 9.30 am and start the program at 10 am sharp.
- We are planning to allow families who have taken bolis to visit the temple and participate in the swapna celebrations. However we will revisit the CDC guidelines and send out another email with the revised plan on the number of families visiting the temple that day for the function.
- We will also have graduation of Pathshala students and pathshala presentation.
We are looking forward to everyone's participation in the upcoming celebration program.
Daily Arti and Mangal Divo
Join us for our daily Arti at 7.30pm using the following zoom link:
Jain Center of Greater Boston (JCGB) is primarily a religious social non-profit organization. We welcome all who are interested in Jain philosophy, live & learn and practice "Jainism". Our center was one of the first of its kind in North America when it was established in 1973. Ever since then, the center has played a pivotal and pioneering role in advancing Jain thought and philosophy in North America and strengthening the roots of the Jain community in the region.
We invite you to visit our center located in Norwood, MA. We celebrate auspicious Jain events and Jain festivals. We conduct Pathshala for school-age children & Swadhyay for adults.